Garden Protector 2 with Flash - Repels Cats, Rabbits and other Pests
Chases cats, martens, rabbits, squirrels, martens, foxes, dogs, etc… As soon as the infrared detector notes a movement, the 7-second emission of the ultrasonic sounds begins. The targeted intruder is frightened by the very loud ultrasonic tones. The flash (optional setting) adds to the surprise effect.
- Protects up to 200 m².
- Requires 4 “D” batteries or can function with the adaptor (see accessories). Battery life depends on the number of activations and whether the flash option is activated.
- 7 adjustable frequency settings.
- Water resistant. Withstands rain, snow and low temperatures.
- Infrared detection at a 90° angle and at a distance of 16 meters.
- LED lights during ultrasound emission.
- Easy to install using mounting accessories (included).
Garden Protector 2 with Flash - Instructions
The motion sensor of the Garden Protector 2 is automatically activated by movement and the unit will emit a specific range of sound signals – the frequencies depend on the settings selected. Dogs, cats, martins, foxes, etc. are disturbed by the ultrasonic sounds and leave the area. Independent laboratory tests have proven this technology to be an effective form of pest control.
Garden Protector 2 with Flash - Power Source
- The Garden Protector 2 functions with 4 “D” alkaline batteries of good quality or with the optional Power Adapter (WKT052).
- If you decide to use batteries, remove the back cover by sliding the battery cover down.
- Place the 4 batteries as shown inside the unit.
- To replace the battery cover, place it according to the arrows on the unit and slide up to close completely.
- The life of the batteries depends on the number of activations. Good quality batteries will allow about 5000 activations before replacement is required.
- If you use the Power Adapter, simply plug it into the socket on the side of the unit. No batteries should be in the unit when using the Power Adapter.
Garden Protector 2 with Flash - Frequency Setting
- Select among the range of frequencies and animals to chase according to the settings shown on the back cover.
- Move the dial on the front of the unit to the selected position.
- The infrared detector automatically reacts to movement with an emission of ultrasonic sound for about 7 seconds, then returns to an inactive period for 5 seconds.
- If movement continues, the cycle automatically restarts.
- The unit is operational as soon as you have selected one of the 7 positions and either placed the batteries or attached the Power Adapter.
- Older animals (like older people) may have a reduced hearing capacity. If you note that your targeted animal does not react to the Garden Protector 2, we suggest that you lower the frequency by setting the unit to a higher number position.
- Please note : the higher the setting selected, the lower the range of frequencies. The highest settings (6 + 7) may be somewhat audible to people with excellent hearing. Do not place your ear directly against the Garden Protector and keep away from children.
Garden Protector 2 - LED Flash
The Garden Protector 2 is equipped with an LED Flash. If turned “ON”, the flash will activate 5 times during the 7 second period of sound emission. Note: When battery powered, using the Flash will naturally diminish the battery-life by about forty percent.
Garden Protector 2 with Flash - Placement
- The unit should be placed 30 – 60 cm from the ground depending on the targeted animal.
- Two supports are provided to make installation easier.
- Be certain that there are no obstacles between the Garden Protector and the area to be protected to assure free access of both detection and emission.
- If the area to be protected is very large or heavily vegetated, several units may be required.
- The Garden Protector 2 solves the problem of stray and invading animals – dogs, cats, martins, foxes, rabbits, etc. Avoid directing the unit at your neighbor’s property or a public path. This product is intended for use on the property of the owner.
- The lowest frequencies (the highest settings) may be heard by some people. If disturbing, simply raise the frequency by turning the dial to a lower number setting.